A world class knowledge enterprise...

  • Phone Number

  • +91-1683-269501

Eligibility Condition of P.G. Courses

Eligibility Condition of P.G. Courses

M.A. (English) 1st Semester
  • B.A. (Hons.) in English with 45% marks in aggregate or
  • Bachelor’s Degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate or 45% marks in the subject of English.
M.Com. – Ist Semester
  • A candidate who has passed with at least 45% marks in the aggregate of the Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Business Administration or
  • BIM or Bachelor of Arts/Science with Economics or Maths Examination of Kurukshetra University or any other Examination recognized as equivalent thereof shall be eligible to join this course.
M.Sc. (Physics) - Ist Semester
  • B.Sc. with at least 50% marks in aggregate with Physics and Mathematics as two of the main subjects.


Note : Compartment candidates are not eligible for admission to various Post-Graduate Courses. Therefor, all such requests may not considered at all.
Admission Concession for Colleges Affiliated to the Kurukshetra University for Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate Courses for the Session 2016-17

1. Additional Seats : 
  • There shall be five additional seats in TDC part I over and above the sanctioned seats for Outstanding Sports Persons. For admission against sports seats, the candidate will be required to submit the grading certificate of sports sassed by the Director of Sports and Youth Welfare, Haryana.

    Norms for Outstanding Sports Persons:

    For B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. Part – I : A sports person who has won at least 1st or 2nd or 3rd position in team game or individual events in Junior/Senior District Championships, State Championships, Inter-School District or State Schools Championship or has participated in National School Games Federation of India or By Indian Olympic Association in the games in which Inter-University Tournaments are organized by Association of Indian Universities. Achievements of previous three years will be considered for admission. Such candidates will have to submit a Gradation Certificate issued by the Director of Sports and Youth welfare, Haryana. No lower sports achievements as mentioned above will be considered for admission for outstanding sports persons category even if the seats remain vacant. 
  • One additional seat shall be for NCC candidate who attended the R.D. parade & Camp in all courses over and above the sanctioned seats.
  • One additional seat shall be for NSS merit certificate holder who attended the R.D. Parade Camp in all the courses over and above the sanctioned seats.
  • One additional seat in each course shall be for deserving Parsi Students. 
2. Distribution and Reservation of Seats :

(A) Distribution of Seats :

The seats shall be distributed as under.
  • All India Category including Haryana
  • Bonafide Residents of Haryana
70% of the seats earmarked for bonafide residents of Haryana will be reserved for the categories as mentioned at (B) below, as per State Govt. policy and remaining 30% seats will be filled from amongst Haryana General Category. 
(B) Reservation of Seats for Bonafide Residents of Haryana :

The seats shall be reserved for the categories as under :
1. Schedduled Castes 20%
2. Backward Classes of Haryana
(except Socially advanced persons/Sections (creamy layer)
27% (16% for Block - A)
(11% for Block-B)
3. Economically Backward Persons 10% in the General Category
4. Differently Abled Person
(1% Hearing impairment, (1% Locomotor disability or cerebral palsy)
3% (1% Blind or low vision)


If the seats reserved for differently abled persons remain vacant due to non-availability of suitable differently abled candidates, it may be offered to ex-servicemen and their wards (1%) and dependents of freedom fighters (1%).
5. 3% horizontal reservation will be given to Ex-servicemen/Freedom Fighters and their dependents by providing reservation within reservation of 1% of general category, 1% out of scheduled castes and 1% from backward classes category. As far as block allocation in Block A and Block B of Backward classes category is concerned, year wise rotational system will be adopted. For example, if block A of backward classes are given seats in the academic year 2009, the next block i.e. B block of category of Backward classes will be given seats in the next academic year i.e. 2010 and so on. The College/Institutes shall maintain the record for the purpose.
6. Candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from a university in the State of Haryana will be deemed to be Residents of Haryana and will not be required to submit certificates of bonafide resident of Haryana.